- Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience professional with customer engagement and development experience, including acquisition, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Strong communicator with exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple situations and projects simultaneously with focus, direction and enthusiasm.
- Human relations pro who excels in collaborative and leadership roles, training, managing and directing interdepartmental initiatives, as well as developing, coordinating and executing campaigns, large and small group events, as well as one-on-one engagement.
Development Manager, Share Our Strength December, 2009 – January, 2012
- Sole development staff for an organization with $1,000,000 annual budget. Responsible for all aspects of fundraising and marketing.
- Developed first-ever individual donor program and strategic development plan for local program, including Board of Advisors engagement, individual fundraising goals and challenge grant for donor acquisition. Provided training and guidance for Board, empowering them to achieve more than double the goal.
- Secured membership in Community Shares of Colorado, providing a vehicle for individual and workplace giving.
- Exceeded special event fundraising goals, growing Denver gala more than 40% in two years, and hosting first-ever sell out for the event. Doubled grantable funds from Taste of the Nation 2010 and won “Best Food Event in Denver, 2010” by Food Events in Denver.
- Garnered chef, restaurateurs and front-of-house support for events, sponsorship and volunteer positions. Worked directly with Colorado’s top restaurants, chefs, their supporters and the “foodie” community.
- Created marketing, communications, social media and public relations plans and materials for events and fundraising.
- Secured $100,000 ($25,000 more than requested) from Walmart State Giving Program, covering a majority of expenses for the Campaign to End Childhood Hunger in Colorado.
- Participated in the first ever Colorado Gives Day, in December, 2010. Exceeded fundraising goal by 50%, and successfully made first ever donation request of large volunteer base.
- Developed relationships with donors, foundations, community service organizations, and corporate sponsors for programming, workplace giving and special events.
- Managed first development and special event intern from University of Denver, creating job description, goals and responsibilities.
Senior Manager, Chapter Fund Development, National MS Society, February 2008 – June, 2009
- Consulted with approximately 20 chapters in Federated Association model. Directed and supported staff in marketing, fundraising, major gift programs, volunteer engagement, committee development, and strategic planning.
- Modeled best practices and campaign standards for chapters, and ensured Chapter Certification Standards were maintained, resulting in fundraising success.
- Served as interim Development Director and staff as needed within chapters; including committee development and volunteer engagement, as well as event execution – logistics, recruitment, and fundraising; budget development for chapter as needed and staff supervision. Developed training and development plan to ensure continuity and success for new staff.
- Served on Major Gift Steering Task-Force. The task force was responsible for the vision and direction of major gifts within the Society; including building a vision and case statements, staff resources and training, donor recognition, direct marketing and marketing collateral.
- Served as department liaison to Major Gift Department, assisting in staff development, strategic planning and direct chapter support.
- Conducted semi-annual group training for chapter development staff in conjunction with National Campaign Development team.
- Facilitated monthly Society-wide networking calls, bringing development staff of all levels together for learning and sharing of ideas.
- Organized Society-wide monthly volunteer committee chair networking calls for Bike MS. Worked with committee chairs to increase participation and role of volunteers on these calls, so they were not staff-directed.
- Trained and supported staff on on-line fund-raising suite as needed, and worked closely with home office IT Department.
- Partnered with chapters to provide peer support to new and existing staff.
Director of Business Development, Triple Creek Associates, October 2006 – February 2008
- Identified, pursued and generated new business opportunities for small entrepreneurial company, while maintaining quarterly and annual goals as a Business Development team.
- Positioned unique learning and professional development technology product within undeveloped marketplace, promoting to executive-level sponsors.
- Developed relationships with key decision makers through an extended sales process. Closed three major accounts that had been in the pipeline for more than 36 months.
- Constructed e-mail marketing campaigns and reviewed analytics and lead scoring.
- Presented to diverse decision-making audiences of all levels.
- Negotiated and secured contracts in conjunction with legal and technical teams.
- Stewarded relationships as contacts built institutional support for large expenditures. Sales cycles took weeks to years, depending upon the client and institutional environment
Business Development Representative, Business Development Account Manager, Bonfils Blood Center, September 2003 – February 2006
- Recruited and trained volunteer leaders for community blood drives. Each volunteer was responsible for an individual goal.
- Identified key promotional partners and media contacts to support blood drives.
- Recognized and emphasized contributions of host organizations as well as volunteer coordinators and individual donors.
- Initiated and coordinated high-level service, support, and problem resolution processes. These included developing customer care plans and process improvement throughout the region, working with other departments as needed.
- Managed territory spanning all of Northern Colorado, responsible for monthly and annual collection goals.
- Achieved goals through existing account growth of 10% as well as new account development. Generated additional growth by tapping new markets across Northern Colorado. Generated new business through outside sales activities to businesses, religious organizations and civic groups.
- Assisted three Business Development Account Managers with goal attainment through strategic plan development and executive level sponsorship.
- Made presentations to clients including corporate and civic groups, private corporations, state and federal government groups, high schools and religious groups.
- Developed and implemented strategic plans for a three-territory region, and established relationships with key business leaders and decision makers.
- Confirmed logistics of up to 45 blood drives per month, including timelines and staff allocation.
- Created customized marketing materials for accounts to augment corporate donor recruitment and blood drive promotions.
Director of Corporate Partnerships, National Foundation of Dentistry, October 2002 – September 2003
- Designed, coordinated and sold signature fundraising vehicle (a coupon book for dental practices).
- Recruited and retained volunteer dentists to participate in peer-to-peer sales program.
- Developed product, enhanced brand within trade community. Called on all classes of trade to solicit corporate partnerships, including consignment programs as well as co-op advertising and promotions.
- Developed new relationships with industry leaders to surpass sales expectations.
- Achieved 110% of gross fiscal year goal, along with lower expenses, and costs per dollar raised.
- Worked directly with both volunteer committee and Board of Directors to enhance product exposure, resulting in increased sales.
- Developed new tracking methods for up-to-the minute access to sales figures.
- Supervised and trained Development Assistant.
Area Manager II, American Diabetes Association, November 1999 – March 2002
- Recruited, trained and supervised 150 volunteers, each responsible for a personal volunteer and substantial revenue goal. Presented to corporate, community and employee groups.
- Initiated peer-to-peer staff training program, assisted with market development in other Area Offices.
- Developed integrated marketing campaign, including media planning and buying, public relations, direct mail and promotions.
- Planned and executed special events including educational seminars, recruitment sessions, recognition events, dinners and group outings.
- Recognized as Regional “Rookie of the Year” within first six months in position.
- Achieved 400% first year growth, 166% second year growth – more than doubling performance objectives.
- Worked with Regional Major Gift officer to identify and cultivate major and planned donors.
- Solicited donations and gifts, as well as co-op partnerships and sponsorships.
- Supervised Area Office administrative staff, as well as Tucson area staff responsible for similar program.
- Supervised staff and day-of-event logistics at off-site donor recognition events.
Bachelor of Science in Journalism, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
Training and Development
- Development Director Intensive – JVA Consulting, February 2010
- Inbound Marketing Certified Professional, July 2009
- Manager and Supervisor Training – National Multiple Sclerosis Society, June 2008 – February 2009
- Human Resource Training – National Multiple Sclerosis Society, November 2008
- PACT Advocacy Training – Hemophilia Association of New Jersey, September, 2007
- IABC Leadership Academy, International Association of Business Communicators, February 2002
- Writing for the Wired World, a Shel Holz seminar, IABC, January 2002
- Train-the-Trainer, American Diabetes Association, December 2001
- Crisis Communications, IABC, December 2001
- Sponsorship Sales, The Sponsorship Company, March 2001
- Advanced Sales and Customer Service, American Diabetes Association, October 2000
- Hiring and Interviewing Good Employees, United Blood Services, October 1999
- Diversity in the Workplace, United Blood Services, June 1999